1. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from dise
ases linked to smoking.
2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associa
tions with homework.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not
end with graduation.
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is
not complete with graduation.
6. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education
is a lifetime study.
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a p
erson's physical fitness.
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and
the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history f
rom the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive
effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is now being questio
ned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have bro
ught many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that
they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowde
d with a large number of passengers.
11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious
problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable atti
tude toward retirement.
12a. A proper part-time job does not occupy students' too much time. In fact
, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old sa
ying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
15.Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of th
e coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for
most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campu
16. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be
taken before things get worse.
17. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them wi
th more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put t
hem in a favorable position in the future job markets.
18. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a mi
serable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19. Although this view is wildly held, this is little evidence that educatio
n can be obtained at any age and at any place.
20. No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most important
aspect of his life.
21. People equate success in life with the ability of operating computer.
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possibl
e for people to live longer than in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as import
ant as life itself.
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities
or promotion opportunities.
26. The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe t
hat this knowledge may be less useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate
its students by the time they graduation.
28. This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can afford to ig
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the argumen
ts on both sides.
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic develop
ment, the number of people who use bicycle are decreasing and bicycle is bou
nd to die out. The information I've collected over the recent years leads me
to believe that bicycle will continue to play extremely important roles in
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only cause
s serious problems such as global warming but also could threaten to end hum
an life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation
like bicycle are more important than any time before.
35. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people's physical fitness as well a
s easing traffic jams.
36. Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its proble
37. Bicycle can't be compared with other means of transportation like car an
d train for speed and comfort.
38. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion th
at advantages of bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages and it will still pl
ay essential roles in modern society.
39. There is a general discussion these days over education in many colleges
and institutes. One of the questions under debate is whether education is a
40. This issue has caused wide public concern.
41. It must be noted that learning must be done by a person himself.
42. A large number of people tend to live under the illusion that they had c
ompleted their education when they finished their schooling. Obviously, they
seem to fail to take into account the basic fact that a person's education
is a most important aspect of his life.
43. As for me, I'm in favor of the opinion that education is not complete wi
th graduation, for the following reasons:
44. It is commonly accepted that no college or university can educate its st
udents by the time they graduate.
45. Even the best possible graduate needs to continue learning before she or
he becomes an educated person.
46. It is commonly thought that our society had dramatically changed by mode
rn science and technology, and human had made extraordinary progress in know
ledge and technology over the recent decades.
47. Now people in growing numbers are beginning to believe that learning new
skills and knowledge contributes directly to enhancing their job opportunit
ies or promotion opportunities.
48. An investigation shows that many older people express a strong desire to
continue studying in university or college.
49. For the majority of people, reading or learning a new skill has become t
he focus of their lives and the source of their happiness and contentment af
ter their retirement.
50. For people who want to adopt a healthy and meaningful life style, it is
important to find time to learn certain new knowledge. Just as an old saying
goes: it is never too late to learn.
51. There is a general debate on the campus today over the phenomenon of college or high school students' doing a part-time job.
52. By taking a major-related part-job, students can not only improve their academic studies, but gain much experience, experience they will never be able to get from the textbooks.
53. Although people’s lives have been dramatically changed over the last decades, it must be admitted that, shortage of funds is still the one of the biggest questions that students nowadays have to face because that tuition fees and prices of books are soaring by the day.
54. Consequently, the extra money obtained from part-time job will strongly support students to continue to their study life.
55. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that part-time job can produce a far-reaching impact on students and they should be encouraged to take part-time job, which will benefit students and their family, even the society as a whole.
56. These days, people in growing numbers are beginning to complain that work is more stressful and less leisurely than in past. Many experts point out that, along with the development of modern society, it is an inevitable result and there is no way to avoid it.
57. It is widely acknowledged that computer and other machines have become an indispensable part of our society, which make our life and work more comfortable and less laborious.
58. At the same time, along with the benefits of such machines, employees must study knowledge involved in such machines so that they are able to control them.
59. No one can deny the basic fact that it is impossible for average workers to master those high-technology skills easily.